1/2 c Fresh garlic, finely chopped
2 c White wine vinegar
5 1/2 c Sugar
3 c Water
1 pk (2 oz.) powdered pectin
1/4 Teas. butter or oil
2 Drops food coloring
1. Combine garlic & vinegar in a 2 qt. kettle. Simmer mixture gently,
uncovered, over med. heat for 15 min.
2. Remove pan from heat & pour mixture into a 1 qt. glass jar. Cover & let
stand at room temp. for 24-36 hours.
3. Pour flavored vinegar through a wire strainer into a bowl, pressing the
garlic with the back of a spoon to squeeze out liquid. Discard any residue.
4. Measure the liquid & add vinegar, if needed, to make 1 cup.
5. Measure sugar into a dry bowl.
6. Combine the garlic-vinegar solution & the water in a 5 or 6 qt. kettle.
Add pectin, stirring well.
7. Over high heat, bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly to avoid
scorching. Add sugar, & stir well.
8. Bring mixture to a full, rolling boil. Add butter to reduce foaming.
Continue stirring. Boil the mixture hard for exactly 2 min.
9. Remove pan from heat & skim off any foam. Add red, yellow or orange
food coloring if desired.
10. Pour jelly into prepared glasses. Seal according to directions on
recipe folder in pectin package. Makes approx. 5 cups.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini