and Shrimp Filled Wonton Rolls|
Ginger and Shrimp Filled Wonton Rolls
6 oz Frozen peeled cooked shrimp
1/2 c Carrot; shredded
2 tb Green onion; thinly sliced
1 ts Fresh ginger; grated
2 ts Cooking oil
2 tb Hoisin sauce
25 Wonton wrappers
Cooking oil for deep frying
1. Thaw the shrimp and chop.
2. Cook shrimp, carrot, green onion and ginger in 2 teaspoons oil for about
3 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in Hoisin Sauce.
4. Spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of the filling onto a wonton wrapper
just off center (near one point). Fold the side points over the filling
forming an envelope shape. Roll towards the remaining point. Moisten the
top flap, and press firmly to seal. Repeat with all the remaining wrappers.
5. Heat 1 1/2 - 2 inches of cooking oil in a large saucepan to 365 degrees.
Fry rolls, a few at a time about 1 minute or until golden turning once.
Drain on paper towels.
6. Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce.
Recipe by: BHG - Holiday Appetizers 1997
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 317 by RecipeLu
on Nov 27, 1997