Lamb Curry Noodles|
Golden Lamb Curry Noodles
12 oz Wide egg noodles
3 tb All-purpose flour
1 tb Curry powder
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
1/8 ts Cinnamon
1 1/2 tb Olive or vegetable oil;
2 Medium carrots; thinly
1 Small sweet or yellow onion;
4 Garlic; minced
1 Low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c Golden raisins
1/4 c Fresh mint or parsley;
1 1/2 Boneless leg of lamb; cut
-into 1 inch pieces
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine flour, curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper and
cinnamon in a plastic or paper bag. Add lamb; shake to coat.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large, non-stick skillet over
medium-high heat until hot. Add lamb, reserving any remaining flour
mixture, in bag. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until lamb is well-browned. Transfer
lamb to plate or bowl; set aside.
4. Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil in same skillet over medium-low
heat. Add carrots and onions; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add
garlic and reserved flour mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Add broth and raisins; bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes,
or until carrots are tender.
5. Stir in lamb; simmer 4-5 minutes, or until lamb is heated through and
6. Drain noodles; top with lamb mixture and sprinkle with mint or parsley.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 648 calories, 14.6 grams fat, 167
milligrams cholesterol, 459 milligrams sodium, 20% calories from fat, 38.9
grams protein, 89.5 grams carbohydrates.
Contributor: Orange County Register: National Pasta Association
Preparation Time: oz
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by Jack Elvis