1/2 c Cake flour -- sifted
2/3 c Confectioner's sugar --
1/8 ts Salt
3 Eggs -- separated
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350F)
2. Sift together three times the flour, half the sugar and the salt.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gradually beat in the remaining
sugar. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, and fold with the
vanilla into the egg white mixture. Sift the flour mixture, a third at a
time, over the eggs and fold in carefully.
4. Line ungreased baking sheets with unglazed paper. Press the batter
through a pastry bag onto the paper, or shape with a spoon into strips
about 4 by 3/4 inches.
5. Bake twelve to fifteen minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from
paper with a spatula and cool on a rack.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini