De Cacto (Prickly Pear Marmalad|
Memelede De Cacto (Prickly Pear Marmalad
2 Lemons; thinly sliced
-(about 1 cup)
2 Large; unpeeled oranges,
-chopped (about 3 cups)
4 c Water
4 c Prickly pears; peeled,
-chopped and seeded
6 c Sugar
From: email@example.com (Graeme Caselton BSc(Open))
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 14:19:35 +0200
1. combine lemon, orange, and water in a large mixing bowl. Allow to stand
for 12-18 hours in a cool location.
2. Pour mixture into a kettle and cook at medium-high heat for
approximately 30 minutes, or until the peel is tender. Cool.
3. When cooled, add prickly pears and sugar to the mixture and cook at
medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixtue begins to thicken,
approximately 25-30 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into hot, sterilized, half-pint canning jars. Seal jars
according to manufacturer's directions.
5. Process jars in a Boiling Water Bath for five minutes. Test seal when
CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V3 #029
From the Chile-Heads recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe