Red Raspberry Jam|
No-Cook Red Raspberry Jam
3 c Raspberries
3 c Sugar
1/4 c Pectin; liquid
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 20:37:07 -0500
From: email@example.com (The Meades)
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill
1. Prepare the jelly jars by washing in hot, sudsy water; rinse with
boiling water and invert on towel to drain.
2. Sort, rinse and drain raspberries. Force through coarse sieve or food
mill enough berries to yield 1-1/2 cups sieved berries.
3. Mix the sieved berries with 3 cups sugar; set aside for 20 minutes. Mix
thoroughly the raspberries and-1/4 cup bottled liquid pectin.
4. Fill jelly glasses to within-1/2 inch of top. Cover with lids for jars,
or aluminum foil. Let jam stand at room temperature overnight or until
5. Jam MUST be stored in refrigerator or freezer. It will not keep at room
temperature after the initial jelling time. Yield: Four 8-ounce glasses.
NOTES : A wide-mouthed funnel helps in filling the jars. Be sure to wipe
any food particles from above the fill line with a damp paper towel.
MASTERCOOK RECIPES LIST SERVER
From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,