2 lb Cottage cheese,dry-curd
1 c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla
2 pk Farmer's cheese(7 1/5 oz)
1 c Raspberry jam,seedless
3/4 c Butter,unsalted,softened
2 ts Lemon rind,grated
6 dr Red food coloring (optional)
1/3 c Raisins,golden
1/4 c Orange peel,candied,chopped
1/4 c Almonds,ground
Candied cherries for garnish
Almonds,sliced for garnish
1. Line paskha mold or clean 7 1/2x5" plastic or unglazed flower pot with
drainage hole with 3 double-thicknesses of cheesecloth. Place on wire rack
set over cake pan.
2. Place 1/2 pound cottage cheese, the sugar and eggs in food processor or
blender. Whirl, scraping down side as necessary, until smooth. Scrape into
medium-size saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 6
minutes or until mixture almost somes to boiling or instant-read
thermometer registers 150'F. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into large bowl
3. Working in 2 batches, add remaining cottage cheese, farmer's cheese,
jam, butter, lemon rind and food coloring, if using, to CLEAN food
processor or blender. Whirl, scraping down side. Whisk into bowl with
cooked cheese mixture. Stir in raisins, orange peel and almonds.
4. Pour into prepared mold. Fold excess cheesecloth over top; cover with
plastic wrap. Place flat-bottomed plate or saucepan, slightly smaller than
diameter of mold, on top to weight. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Weight top
with two 23-ounce cans or heavy iron skillet. Drain for 2 days in
refrigerator or until center is firm. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
5. Unmold and remove cheesecloth. Decorate mold with candied fruits and
almonds. Slice into wedges and serve as cheesecake, or spread on Kulich.
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini