a la Spago|
Pizza a la Spago
1 pk Active dry yeast
3/4 c Warm tap water (110 to 115
1 tb Honey
3 c (approximately) all-purpose
1 ts Salt
5 tb Olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp
-additional to brush over
Yield: dough for 1-15 inch pizza crust
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water along with the honey.
2. Stir in 1 cup of the flour, the salt, and 3 Tbsp of the olive oil with
wooden spoon. Mix well.
3. Add a second cup of flour and continue mixing until the dough forms a
soft sticky mass and comes away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Flour the work surface and your hands and turn the dough out of the
bowl. Continue kneading in the remaining flour until the dough is smooth
5. Put the dough in a oiled bowl and seal the bowl tightly with plastic
wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes, or until it
has nearly doubled.
6. Punch down the dough, knead it briefly, and divide it into 4 equal if
making 4-9 inch pies. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before using.
Source: The Pizza Book by Evelyne Sloman Posted by Linda Davis