Rye (With Caraway Seeds)|
Sourdough Rye (With Caraway Seeds)
1 pk Yeast
1/4 c Water, warm
1 pn Sugar
2 ts Salt
1 c Tepid 80 water
2 c Rye Sourdough Starter
3 tb Caraway seeds
1 c Gluten flour
1 c Medium rye flour
2 1/2 c Flour
1 ts Cornstarch, cooked in
2/3 c Water until translucent
-(2-3 minutes), cooled
-(makes a gel like
Yipes! You're right! I left stuff out! Sorry. Here is the sourdough
starter and corrected rye bread recipe. I've added the proportions of Rye
Flour salt and sugar that I missed.
1. Combine the yeast, warm water, and sugar and let stand until very
foamy, about 10 minutes..
2. Dissolve the salt in the tepid water ans stir thet mixture into the
sourdough starter. Beat in the yeast mixture, then the caraway seeds (or
what ever you sub). Beat in the rye flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, then
beat in the gluten flour.
3. Spread 2 cups of the all-purpose flour in a ring on a kneading surface
and pur the dough into the center of the ring. Mix roughly with a dough
scraper or a pancake turner, then knead just until thouroughly mixed,
adding as much of the remaining white flour as necessary to make a
medium-stiff dough, not too heavy.
4. Scrape the kneading surface, dust it with rye flour, and knead the
dough very thouroughly until it is elastic and smoooth surfaced. Don't
overflour the board; keep the dough as close as possible to medium stiff
5. Form the dough into a ball and place in an ungreased bowl (it will
stick a bit so you don't want to use metal); cover with plastic and let
rise until doubled in bulk, at least 1 hour.
6. Turn the dough onto your kneading surface, dusted lightly with rye
flour, then expel the air from it and form it inot two smooth balls. Cover
with a towel and let rest 20 minutes, meanwhile sprinkling cornmeal on
=============== Reply 67 of Note 1 =================
Board: FOOD BB Topic: FOOD SOFTWARE Subject: Z-MM SOURDOUGH 4 SL
To: BGMB90B ELAINE RADIS Date:
06/03 From: BGMB90B ELAINE RADIS Time:
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V4 #178 by "John Weber"