Spring Rolls (Cha Gio)|
Vietnamese Spring Rolls (Cha Gio)
1 c Bean threads
1 tb Dried chinese mushrooms
1 tb Black fungus
1/2 lb Ground pork
1/2 lb Shrimp; coarsely chopped
1/4 c Shallot; finely chopped
1 tb Garlic; finely chopped
1 c Carrots; grated
2 tb Fish sauce
1/4 ts Ground cloves
1 pk Eggroll wrappers
1. Soak bean threads in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and chop to 4 inch
2. Soak dried chinese mushrooms and black fungus in hot water for 10
minutes, drain, remove tough stems from mushrooms and shred mushroom caps
and black fungus.
3. Heat wok. Add peanut oil, ground pork, shrimp, shallots and garlic. Stir
fry until pork changes color. Set aside to cool.
4. Mix noodles, mushrooms, pork/shrimp mixture, carrots, fish sauce and
cloves in a bowl.
5. Place egg in small bowl and beat lightly. 6. Peel off an eggroll wrapper
and place on board with one point towards you (diamond, not square). Place
about 1-1/2 tbsp of filling on wrapper, fold point nearest you over
filling. Fold sides inwards, then roll up. Dip a finger in the egg and use
it to seal the edges of the wrapper.
6. Place each finished roll on wax paper, making sure that the rolls do not
touch each other.
7. Heat oil to 375F. Fry rolls, a few at a time, until they are golden
brown. Drain on paper towels.
Formatted & Busted by RecipeLu
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 230 by RecipeLu
on Nov 09, 1997