Standalone WIFI (wireless) repeater
1) obtain a
suitable router. Either buy one and flash it yourself to the
appropriate version of WWW-DRT OR
one on E-bay that has already been flashed
2) plug in a Ethernet cable to one of the output ports (other end to laptop) , plug router into the wall
3) open a browser to htp://192.168.1.1/ Username root Password Admin
4)Go to tab "Setup", sub-tab "Basic Setup":
5) Now in the last
step you changed the routers address so put that in your address bar
6)Log in Go to tab "Security", sub-tab "Firewall":
* Uncheck all check boxes and set firewall to "disable".
* Click Apply
7) Go to tab "Wireless", sub-tab "Basic Settings":
8)5. To repeat any network
dynamically (make this a universal wireless repeater), the following
will make the repeater connect to the first available SSID:
* Go to tab "Administration", subtab "Command".
* Copy and paste the following into the edit box:
nvram set wl_ssid=""
* Click the Save Startup button.
if you want to repeat a particular network put its SSID (name )in Step 7
* Note: this will not automatically repeat secure/encrypted networks. If your source network uses WEP or WPA, enter the ssid under the Physical Interface in step 4 instead, and proceed to the next step.
6. You may use security (WEP, WPA, etc) in repeater mode. An example application of this would be to make the repeated network private (for your use only).
* Go to tab "Wireless", sub-tab "Wireless Security".
* Setup WEP (or other security) under virtual interface.
* Configure your client/computer to use the same security.
YOUR DONE!!!! This will repeat the first Open wireless network it encounters
10) If you wish to dynamically repeat
the STRONGEST signal (a more sophisticated version of #5 above) please
read the AutoAP Wiki Article. If you wish to dynamically repeat the
STRONGEST signal (a more sophisticated version of #5 above) please read
the AutoAP Wiki Article.
More electric Bikes and recumbent trikes
Currie Electric Bikes
Tadpole frame page!